Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

500 in 2010 Update

We are into week #5 of the 500 in 2010 challenge and I'm a little behind but I'm feeling really good about my progress. In order to walk 500 miles in 2010, I have to average about 10 miles a week.  For the first three weeks, I did an awesome job getting almost exactly 10 miles and a few extra tenths here and there to help me fee like I was awesome.  Last week, not so much.  I ended up with a lot of back pain last week as a result of a sleepless/restless night, so I didn't end up walking much.  In fact, instead of the 10 miles I needed for the week, I only did 2.  That was depressing.

This week, however, I started feeling better and I was determined to get back on track.  We had snow and sleet here in NC last weekend so school ended up being canceled for 3 days (solid ice is hard to get off the roads) and delayed for 1 so I had some extra time to get on the treadmill.  On Monday, Katie was home with me because, with schools closed, so was her daycare.  Jim, of course, went to work as usual.  That did not deter me.  I turned on Sesame Street really loudly on the TV I have in front of the treadmill and she sat in one of the recliners with her lovey and watched Sesame Street while I walked.  Because of the pain I had last week, I didn't want to push the speed very much so the only way I could do the miles for this week AND start chipping away at miles for last week was to increase the duration.  ie, I stayed on the treadmill for a veeery loooong time.  Well, an hour, which isn't forever but seemed long enough to me!

It has payed off and I was able to put in almost 12 miles by Thursday.  I took Friday off to rest a bit but still managed to blow my miles away this week. 

I should have about 50 miles by Sunday night in order to be on track.  YTD miles: 46.2!

No comments:

Post a Comment