Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

500 in 2010 Update

Well, we are more than 14 of the way through the year and I am definitely not 25% done with my miles!  My first goal was to make 220 miles by June 6th, the last Sunday of the school year.  I am currently at 111.02 miles with 7 weeks to go.  According to my calculations, I will need to walk just under 14 miles per week to make it.  YIKES!  I thought I was doing great to get 10!  I generally have 30 minutes to walk in the morning on my treadmill in the attic (it is too dark to walk outside alone so I use the time to get through my TV shows).  At the pace I've been going, I can do about 1.75 miles in 30 minutes.  That does usually involve some hills, but it takes me a lot of days to get 10 miles that way.  And I still have to put in a long walk on Saturday to make it!  So, now I've decided to step it up. 

After a year and a half of really struggling with my back problem relapse, I started walking again last November.  I had to start out really slow but I've recently been able to step it up some.  I started doing light hills around February and just in the last two weeks did I chance some (gasp!) jogging.  Amazingly, I jogged 1.5 miles today and I feel okay.

Even with my speed helping me cover more ground, I still only have 30 min every day to walk.  Before, I wasn't doing it everyday, either.  We decided we needed to change things up at home.  We have a new schedule now (kind of Nazi-ish if you ask me) to try to organize our morning scramble.  It's helping me get out the door to work on time, helping Jim get Katie to school in time to get enough hours at work so he can come home for a family dinner, and giving me 30-45 minutes everyday to exercise.  I get up at an insane hour but it's working.  More on the schedule soon.

I am committed.  Unless I get derailed by sickness or some unusual circumstance, I am going to put my all into getting 220 miles before the end of the year.  I've actually been putting in 2 miles plus in my allotted 30 minutes each day.  Here's to 6 more weeks of crazy before summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment