Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our first college talk

Yes, you read the title right. I have had my first conversation about college with my 3.5 year old daughter. The conversation went something like this (note, Katie is reading letters all over the place which is AWESOME! and led to our college conversation):

Katie (reading the magnet on the car in front of us at a stoplight): U-N-C. UNC! That's a UNC car Mommy!

Mommy: That's right! Good job Katie. UNC is a school, a university. I went to college at UNC.

Katie: I want to go to college, too!

Mommy (chuckling): You will honey, you will. Many years from now.

Katie: I can teach your students!

Mommy (glad that she is driving so as to hide her wide smile): Yes Katie. After you go to college, you can teach my students.

Katie (cute drawn out): Oh-kay.

So, a future college-going teacher in our family?

1 comment:

  1. Katie's right about the age that my brother was when he determined that at age 16 he would be allowed to drive himself to nursery school...

    ReplyDelete