Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

500 in 2010 Update from School

So, since I challenged the staff of my school to do 220 miles before June 6th, I had to organize and track the miles.  I'm keeping it easy and reporting Monday-Sunday, just like we're doing on the bigger challenge.  That way, I don't have to record my miles in 2 different ways and I can pester everyone for their miles on Monday morning when we get to school.  I created a poster to put up on the wall and a way to post the miles so the students and the rest of the staff can follow us.  I put that up today.  I am not especially artistic but it does what it needs to.  Unfortunately for me, only three people have taken up the challenge with me and they are all runners (I can only walk because of a back issue).  2 are training for a half marathon in March.  One is also the track coach.  He's killing me.  I was (and still am!) PROUD of the 10.62 miles I did last week.  I just sigh when I look at the 19 miles he put in.  Ah well, at least I am beating the other two (for now). :)

I'm behind for this week (only 3.4 miles so far) but I still have 4 more days!  Here's to 500 miles.

Hmm, so do I sing the Proclaimers?

But I would walk 500 miles

And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

Or Peter, Paul and Mary?
 
Lord I'm one, Lord, I'm two, Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four.
Lord I'm 500 miles from my home....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go to encourage your teammates at school to participate too. I think any Coach that asked me to drop and give me 20 would be out of the question at this point!

    ReplyDelete