Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Typical bedtime

Katie is in bed. We think she'll be asleep soon. We sit in the living room while she "sleeps" upstairs in her room.

DAD: [on intercom] Katie, it's time to turn the light off and go to sleep.
K: [in room, through intercom] Ok.
D: Thank you. Good night.
K: Good night.

Five minutes transpires, with the light off.

K: [shouting through air from her room] MOM!!! I can't get my zipper down!
D: [to Mom] What zipper?
MOM: [to K, loud, through the air] What zipper?
K: On my backpack! I can't get my zipper down!
D: [loud] You don't need your backpack to go to sleep. Put the backpack down and go to sleep.
K: MOM, I can't get my zipper down!
D: Put the backpack down and go to sleep or I will take it away from you.
M: Put the backpack on the floor and go to sleep.
K: I think I got it!
K: I got the zipper down!
D: Good night.

Then we see her throwing it over her shoulder as if heading to school, then climbing in bed and trying to get comfortable with a backpack on her back. Alas, it must not have been comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment